We match local high-quality independent community pharmacies with independent hospice agencies - keeping local caregivers in charge of local care.
Your patients will benefit from best-in-class pharmaceutical care and clinical support from our award-winning high-performing network of independent community pharmacies, while you benefit from prescription cost-savings and additional transparency.
Award-Winning Local Pharmacy Care
AmerisourceBergen's network of independent community pharmacies includes Good Neighbor Pharmacy, ranked #1 in Newsweek's "America's Best Customer Service 2020" in the brick and mortar pharmacies and drugstores category, for the second year in a row. Which comes only months after being another recent award - the J.D. Power & Associates highest in overall customer satisfaction among chain drug stores for the 9th time in the last 11 years.
Let us bring this high-touch level of pharmaceutical care to your patients!
- Local independent pharmacy matched with your hospice agency
- Direct pharmacy-hospice relationship
- Your patients receive award-winning care
Ensure your patients receive the best care possible with clinical support customized to the unique goals and objectives of your agency.
- Interdisciplinary team participation
- Medication therapy management
- Reviews for non-formulary and over-prescribed drugs
Savings on Pharmaceutical Care
Did you know that pharmaceutical care represents about 10% of your bottom line? By eliminating spread pricing, we're able to pass along savings to your hospice agency, while providing fair reimbursement to the local pharmacy we match with your agency to care for your patients.
- Cost impact reports
- Utilization reports
- Formulary utilization reports
- Top drug reports
Within a few months of contracting with AmerisourceBergen's Hospice Pharmacy Connect, our costs dropped significantly per homecare patient day, and this amount included pharmacist oversight and an extra charge by our pharmacists for non-city delivery. This resulted in a savings of $100,000 in the first year. The final positive change is that our local pharmacies actually started making a narrow margin on drugs they filled for hospice patients instead of losing money occasionally
Hospice Pharmacy Connect is a Pharmacy Services Manager (PSM).
“Connecting local hospices with local pharmacies to enhance patient care”.
Meet the Team: Hospice Pharmacy Connect
Mark Pilkington, M.S., R.Ph.
Vice President, Managed Care
National Director, Business Development
Hospice Sales Executive - West Region
Hospice Sales Executive - Mid-West Region
Hospice Sales Executive - Central Region
Hospice Sales Executive - East Region
AmerisourceBergen Hospice Pharmacy Connect believes healthcare organizations should spend their energy serving patient needs without administrative tasks getting in the way. We make it easy for hospice staff to prescribe, order and approve medications using a convenient online platform. Switching to electronic prescribing saves time and resources, while ensuring that patients receive the medications they need. We offer our hospice customers electronic prescribing software with these goals in mind. Our digital prescription software provides flexibility, reliability, and efficiency, all at a budget-friendly cost—so you can put patients first.
- e-Prescribing frees up on average 1.2hrs/day.
- The convenience of the HPC mobile app allows them to approve medications from virtually anywhere, anytime. This eliminated phone calls and the need for a physical signature
- Hospice nurses saved 60% or more of their time spent on prescriptions throughout a single day.
- This includes the elimination of phone calls with the pharmacy, chasing signatures from Physicians, and phone-in orders.
- With the realized time savings from Physicians and Nurses alike, Hospice boosted productivity, allowing them to see on average an additional 1-3 patients per day.
- Mobile Demo
- Cloud Based Demo
Analytics and Reporting
- Hospice Pharmacy Connect offers access to a variety of robust business-centric reports to meet the specific needs of each hospice. All reports are CMS compliant.
- Reports provided by in the HPC drug management program give hospices the tools necessary to properly analyze medication utilization. These reports show utilization and costs by formulary type, by drug, and even by patient. This includes breakdowns of dollars spent on claim costs versus administration fees. Utilization is also tracked at the patient level, allowing you to identify patients with higher drug costs. The report package is available bi-monthly, so you can manage medication costs on a timely and routine basis. The reporting tool also allows for online access to a comprehensive list of reports that can be customized. In this way, the hospice or pharmacy can access in real time, this drug information to support a clinical need or longer-term business decisions.
- HPC also provides complete 8358 data file creation.
Hospice Pharmacy Connect has the capability to integrate with the hospice agency’s EMR system which would allow the patient’s eligibility and medication coverage to automatically be transmitted electronically into the Hospice Pharmacy Connects system on a real time basis. This integration will save nurses time as they will not have to manually re-enter the patient into Hospice Pharmacy Connects system.