AmerisourceBergen Unveils Suite of Enhanced Capabilities at ThoughtSpot 2015
July 31, 2015
Las Vegas, Nev. – In today’s fast changing healthcare environment, independent pharmacists seek resources that help them drive positive health outcomes, improve profitability and enhance their role as a vital source of patient care in their communities. At ThoughtSpot 2015, Good Neighbor Pharmacy’s annual tradeshow and conference, AmerisourceBergen announced a new set of innovative capabilities that will strengthen its Pharmacy Services Administration Organization and help independent pharmacies endure the industry’s most pressing challenges, including pressure on profit margins, narrowing networks and reimbursement challenges.
“AmerisourceBergen and Good Neighbor Pharmacy are committed to providing community pharmacists with the resources they need to transform their businesses, adapt to industry changes and to leverage their collective voice to shape the delivery of pharmacy services,” said David Neu, executive vice president of retail strategy at AmerisourceBergen and president of Good Neighbor Pharmacy. “Over the past year we’ve made a series of targeted investments that will support independent pharmacies in their efforts to improve patient care and receive fair and accurate reimbursement for their services.”
During today’s general session, AmerisourceBergen leaders unveiled the organization’s revamped Pharmacy Services Administration Organization. Bolstered by a core of enhanced capabilities, the newly-named Elevate Provider Network will support independent pharmacies in their efforts to improve profitability through enhanced patient care, better business practices and by leveraging centralized data to support reimbursement discussions with payers. Highlights of the new service, which will enable Good Neighbor Pharmacy to provide its network members access to its Premier-level services, include:
- A new patient engagement center and capability set, powered by PrescribeWellness, that independent pharmacies can leverage to drive adherence and enhance patient care, ultimately creating the potential to improve CMS Star ratings and increase reimbursements
- Access to pre- and post-claims editing services through Emdeon, a leading provider of revenue and payment cycle management, which will help reduce claim errors, improve pharmacy profits and provide greater transparency into payer reimbursement
- An expansion of its central pay capabilities with the addition of claim reconciliation services powered by FDS, Inc., which enables pharmacists to monitor their receivables balance
- A revamped InSite pharmacy performance tool that will now include front-of-store sales data displayed in its popular peer benchmarking view, allowing pharmacies to measure performance against similar stores
- A new mobile application that will notify pharmacists of key information they need to manage their business at the touch of a finger, such as the next day’s bank deposits and a six-month trending view of their performance in the four highly-rated CMS Star clinical measures
“AmerisourceBergen believes that community pharmacy is a key delivery point for high-quality and accessible health care. It’s a great and humbling responsibility to provide pharmacists with the resources they need to optimize and grow their businesses,” Mr. Neu said. “The enhancements announced today will support the delivery of true community healthcare by enabling independent pharmacists to further support patients, operate their pharmacies effectively and combat growing industry challenges surrounding reimbursement.”
Good Neighbor Pharmacy’s 2015 Pharmacy of the Year Award was announced during general session. Topeka Pharmacy received the esteemed award for exemplifying what it means to be a Good Neighbor Pharmacy in their commitment to enhancing patient care and lives in local communities.
During the general session, AmerisourceBergen leaders announced that the company pledged to match up to $50,000 for any contributions made to the National Community Pharmacists Association Foundation (NCPAF) between July 30 and August 31. The donation will benefit the Foundation’s disaster relief and pharmacy assistance fund and support independent community pharmacies who are affected by natural disaster or other adverse circumstances.
For more information on the ThoughtSpot conference, please visit: http://www.thoughtspot2015.com/.
AmerisourceBergen is one of the largest global pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution services companies, helping both healthcare providers and pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers improve patient access to products and enhance patient care. With services ranging from drug distribution and niche premium logistics to reimbursement and pharmaceutical consulting services, AmerisourceBergen delivers innovative programs and solutions across the pharmaceutical supply channel in human medicine and animal health. With over $120 billion in annual revenue, AmerisourceBergen is headquartered in Valley Forge, PA, and employs approximately 16,000 people. AmerisourceBergen is ranked #16 on the Fortune 500 list. For more information, go to www.amerisourcebergen.com.