AmerisourceBergen Announces the Kick Off of ThinkLive in Washington, D.C
October 4, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. – AmerisourceBergen executives and more than 300 global pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics manufacturer representatives will come together on Tuesday, October 7 to kick off ThinkLive 2014. The annual summit provides an opportunity for manufacturers to obtain industry insights on key issues including improving product access, supply chain efficiencies and enhanced patient care.
“At AmerisourceBergen, we’re focused on developing innovative
partnerships,” said AmerisourceBergen President and CEO Steve Collis.
“ThinkLive is one way we demonstrate our partnership approach. The annual
summit offers manufacturers a unique forum to collaborate with our leadership
team. We work together to leverage deep industry knowledge and global reach to
capitalize on dynamic changes in healthcare, and positively impact healthcare
During the two-day conference in Washington, D.C., attendees will come together for immersive education, topical discussion and peer-to-peer networking. From the current healthcare landscape to industry perspectives on product access, attendees can hear from expert speakers on industry issues that matter most. Attendees can expect:
- General Sessions led by AmerisourceBergen’s executive leaders including Collis; Peyton Howell,President of Global Sourcing and Manufacturer Relations and James Frary, President of AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group on Tuesday, October 7 and Wednesday, October 8.
- A keynote speech from Doug Long, Vice President of Industry Relations of IMS Health during the General Session on Tuesday, October 7.
- The announcement of AmerisourceBergen’s Shaping Healthcare Delivery Award winner. This esteemed award recognizes an individual or company that is making a positive impact on healthcare delivery and helping to shape the industry in innovative ways. The announcement will take place during an awards ceremony that will recognize additional award winners in the categories of Manufacturer Excellence, Trade Relations, Best Product Launch Excellence in Product Value Proposition and Commitment to Patient Care.
- A variety of Town Hall Sessions focused on priority topics including health systems, physicians and healthcare providers, community pharmacies, value-based payment models, physician relationships, emerging global markets and patient access.
- Breakout discussions centered on brand pharmaceuticals, generic pharmaceuticals and consumer products.
- A coffee break sponsored by Xcenda, the strategic consulting arm of AmerisourceBergen, will share highlights from the first-ever health economic analysis of coffee consumption.
For the complete ThinkLive agenda, please visit www.thinklive2014.com/Agenda. Photos and interviews with members of the AmerisourceBergen leadership team are available upon request. For additional summit information visit: www.thinklive2014.com.
AmerisourceBergen is one of the largest global pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution services companies, helping both healthcare providers and pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers improve patient access to products and enhance patient care. With services ranging from drug distribution and niche premium logistics to reimbursement and pharmaceutical consulting services, AmerisourceBergen delivers innovative programs and solutions across the pharmaceutical supply channel. With over $100 billion in annualized revenue, AmerisourceBergen is headquartered in Valley Forge, PA, and employs approximately 13,000 people. AmerisourceBergen is ranked #28 on the Fortune 500 list. For more information, go to www.amerisourcebergen.com.