Xcenda: An Industry Pioneer Turns 25
Pushing the discipline of market access, then and now.
“We founded Xcenda with the vision that the healthcare conversation would ultimately shift to one focused on the value of different medical and pharmaceutical interventions. From the onset, we wanted to lend our expertise to help our clients tell their best data-driven
The secrets to our success
For more than two decades, Xcenda has focused on conducting rigorous, credible health economics and outcomes research that can be used by various stakeholders (MCOs, employers and pharma) to make informed healthcare decisions that consider the clinical, economic and humanistic outcomes of a product.
Our formula has always been consistent:
We are innovative problem solvers, continually driven to find out why. Xcenda’s smart, passionate and determined associates create fresh, empowering solutions for pharma, payers, providers and patients. We never stop evolving to ensure we help our clients stay ahead of the value curve in this complex healthcare market.
We develop a thorough plan—and pull it through with excellence. We go beyond gathering evidence and applying insights to inform strategic recommendations. We deliver practical solutions and quality tactics that “move the needle” in product access, often through innovative technology and techniques to make it easier to do business with us and advance the market access discipline.
"We always have our eye on the evolving healthcare market. During our 25th anniversary year, we'll be exploring exciting new ways to address some of our industry's most pressing challenges."
Focused on the future
A number of industry dynamics deserve our attention, from the continuing shift in healthcare consumerism to rising patient out-of-pocket expenses. We know the pharmaceutical industry is also heavily impacted by the ever-growing data pool and the need to understand that data, as well as the growing appetite for digital tools across healthcare.
All of these issues are in addition to the continued importance of clearly defining product value. As a result, we’ve embarked on creating several solutions that help move the industry forward to overcome challenges that include:
- Digital collaboration across various stakeholders within a life sciences company
- Data quality and information exchange for formulary decision-making
- Concise clinical and disease state education for payers on products coming to market
- Collaboration with payers to define and deliver appropriate clinical end points
- Reimbursement-related financial risks for physician practices
- Financial exposure planning with real-time data for patient assistance program needs
We will be releasing several new innovations over the coming months that address key industry challenges.
Xcenda has built our business on routinely helping manufacturers align on a data-driven value proposition and develop a plan to prove and evolve that value proposition over the life of a product. As we look to the future of the industry and our business, we’ll be looking to advance our original goal of making the ongoing exchange of credible health economics information for the sake of proving value and maximizing patient access a reality.
Stay up to date on the latest innovations and insights at xcenda.com
1. DiMasi, J. Price Trends for Prescription Pharmaceuticals: 1995-1999. Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development. 8 August 2000. Accessed 28 March 2019. Available online at https://aspe.hhs.gov/price-trends-prescription-pharmaceuticals-1995-1999